Since 1987, Mr. Rector has been managing a real estate development / commercial construction company. He is responsible in leading, managing and supervising real estate development projects, acquisitions and holdings. He has extensive experience in the field of real estate development including business administration, business development, project management, estimating, real estate acquisition, financing, site locations, permit expedition, construction services, contract and lease negotiations, privatization, design/build lease-back and sales/lease-back.
Mr. Rector’s project Experience includes:
- University Village, Manassas, Virginia
Mixed use development consisting of 106,000 SF shopping center; 200,000 SF of flex and office buildings; 336 multi-family apartment units; 48 single-family homes.
- Courthouse Professional Center, Manassas, Virginia
33,0000 SF Office building and 5,600 SF restaurant, office park
- Linden Lakes Office Building, Manassas, Virginia
25,000 SF office building, structured parking and pad site for mirror building. Purchased 1993 and sold in 1995.
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Customer Service Center, throughout Virginia.
10,000 SF customer service center’ build to suit, lease back. Three separate properties: 1996, 1998, 1999 and 2002.
- Merchant’s Tire and Auto Stores, throughout Virginia and North Carolina
7,000 SF facilities, build to suit, lease back. Six separate properties.
- VF&N Office building, Manassas, Virginia
32,000 SF Class A office and retail property.
- Belmont Bay Communities, Occoquan, Virginia
45,000 SF Class A, waterfront office and retail building.
18,000 SF Osprey Golf Course clubhouse and restaurant
- Sudley South, Manassas, Virginia
200,000 SF Class A office park with 800 car surface parking lot.
Mr. Rector holds a MS degree in Real Estate Investment from Johns Hopkins University and a BS degree in Building Construction from Virginia Tech. Currently, he is a graduate professor of Real Estate Investments at Johns Hopkins University, Washington, DC campus and a previous graduate professor of Land Development for the Constructed Facility at Virginia Tech, Falls Church Graduate Center
Organizations (past & present)
- Advisory Board, Johns Hopkins University Real Estate Institute
- Advisory Board Chair, Dept. of Building Construction, Virginia Tech
- Advisory Board, College of Architecture, Virginia Tech
- Advisory Board, Virginia Tech Alumni Association
- NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties) Economic Development Committee
- Prince William County Chamber of Commerce, Planning & Land Use Committee
- Bull Run Kiwanis Club
- Virginia Tech Alumni Associate (2-time Past President of local chapter)
- Virginia Tech Outstanding Young Alumnus, 1997
- Building Construction Outstanding Young Alumnus, 2002